Vegan Chocolate Ginger Mousse
"These cute little chocolate pots are a perfect sweet treat in the evening, super simple to make and makes a good use for that chickpea water we always throw away, as the aquafaba acts as the egg replacer."
If ginger isn't your thing, you can swap out for another flavour. Perhaps mint or orange would make nice festive flavours, or just leave it as plain chocolate."
Although, ginger has some incredible benefits such as, reducing heart disease risk, lowering blood pressure, boosting immunity and much more! Check out our article about ginger, the benefits and a delicious ginger cookies recipe!
• 140g Ginger chocolate
• Aquafaba / chickpea water from 1 tin
• 1tsp Milled flaxseed
• 1tsp Dhow Ground ginger
• Coconut yoghurt
• Cacao nibs
1. Melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave on 10 - 20 second intervals and stirring throughout to avoid it burning. Once melted leave to cool
2. Add the aquafaba to a clean mixing bowl and use an electric hand whisk (or stand mixer) to beat into stiff peaks (will take about 5 minutes)
3. In small quantities slowly fold in the chocolate, flaxseed and ginger to the aquafaba (avoid knocking the air out that you have just spent the last 5 minutes trying to add in)
4. Spoon into small pots and place in the fridge overnight, or leave for at least 6 hours to firm up
5. Top with yoghurt, cacao nibs and grated fresh ginger and