EASTER BANANA BREAD BUNDT CAKE!
Hey Dhow Fam!
Easter is a great occasion to show you how our great products can be used in your bakes! We've got you something special and quite unique, a Banana Bread Bundt Cake! Sounds delicious? We think so...
Creates one cake
- 4.5 ripe, medium bananas, peeled
- 3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar * 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 13.5 tbsp Aquafaba * 2 tsp vanilla paste * For the dry ingredients –
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (I used wholegrain)
- 1 1/4 cups Dhow’s Sweet Potato Powder or ground almonds (I used a combination of the two)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dhow’s ginger powder, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
- Large pinch salt
- 75g vegan mini eggs, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180c, then line a loaf tin.
2. In a blender, blitz together all wet ingredients – the bananas, coconut yoghurt, melted butter or oil, sugar, maple syrup, Aquafaba, vanilla – for a few minutes, until smooth and foamy.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the spelt and ground almonds / sweet potato powder, then stir in the baking powder, bicarb and salt.
4. Fold in the wet ingredients, then stir until just combined. Now, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped mini eggs.
5. Pour into your prepared loaf tin, then place in the oven to bake for 55-65 minutes, or until firm on top and cooked through. However, check the oven at 40minutes and cover with baking paper if browning too quickly. Allow to cool completely before slicing, decorating and enjoying!
ENJOY BAKING! 🐣